I want to start out by saying that I used Sling TV a few years ago and was not satisfied at all! The constant buffering, app was horrible and small channel selection.
When I received a ‘come back to Sling TV’ offer, I was a bit hesitant because of my prior experience. The offer stated that they made a lot of improvements with the service. So I decided to give it a shot. The timing of the advertising offer was perfect because I was moving and was tired of my local Time Warner ripping me off every month.
So I’m using Sling TV with my ROKU box and I’m surprised of the difference! The quality is much better. No more constant buffering. Channel selection is great. It has all the channels I normally watch.
This is SO much better than TimeWarner mainly because of the price. I was paying 100 bucks with TW. I’m now paying $25!! I have a ROKU box on each TV in the home and Sling works perfect on each box. I can watch different channels in each room with no issue.
Here’s some important points:
- You must have a very good broadband connection
- There are no local channels
- You need a Smart TV, Chromecast, ROKU, Apple TV or other device that will take Sling TV
- The learning curve to use it is very easy
- If you’re constantly watching it, you’ll get a “are you still there” message on your screen every 30-minutes. This happens after about 2-hours of continual watching. It gets kind of annoying.
I’ve seen a lot of negative reviews about Sling TV. Most of those reviews are because the user does not have good broadband service at home.
I now have been using Sling TV for a few months and not had one issue with the service. I REALLY like it and so glad I am no longer a Time Warner customer!